Virtual Party 101
Planning a COVID Friendly Galentine's Day Event
The COVID-19 pandemic was an unexpected twist to the year 2020. The pandemic increased our awareness of how much we LOVE and need human interaction. We are starting off the year 2021 and approaching the holiday that revolves around the celebration of human interaction, Valentine's Day! Here are some tips for spending Valentine's day with a special someone, or celebrating Galentine's Day with your best friends in a COVID-19 friendly way. It is important to maintain connections with the ones we love, even if it is through a screen!
#1 Download a virtual video call app:
- ZOOM, Bunch, Houseparty, and Google Doodle are great options for hosting group video chat parties.
#2 Choose a party theme:
- Chat with your best friends and enjoy the night in comfy clothes for a fun pajama night!
- Have a virtual cupcake decorating party!
- Compete in games like Uno and Trivia on Houseparty for a fun game night!
- Use the share screen feature for an entertaining movie night with your friends!
- Put on a refreshing face mask and paint your nails for a virtual spa party!
#3 Prepare snacks and drinks:
- Choose a beverage of your choice for a group cheers. For a movie or game night, any kind of soda would be a great choice. Try some hot tea or hot chocolate for pajama night, cupcake decorating, and spa parties!
- Ideas for Valentine's Day food:
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Heart shape cookies
- Valentine's theme cupcakes
- Cake pops
- Heart shape fruit cups
- Cupids arrow chocolate pretzels
#4 Have a blast!