Guide to Helping the Environment
Did you know that Earth Day is April 22nd? Earth Day is an annual event to celebrate the Earth we live on and bring awareness to ways we can all protect the environment. Here are some tips for doing your part in protecting our planet this Earth Day!
- Recycle and try using reusable bags at the grocery store
- Avoid purchasing disposable goods, they create a ton of waste that negatively impacts our Earth
- Try walking or biking to your destination to reduce greenhouse gases.
- Use less water and instead of drinking bottled water switch to filtered tap water
- Try planting your own garden at home. Food production often leads to more greenhouse emissions, a garden can prevent this from happening.
- Avoid plastic straws
- Unplug electronic devices at night
- Reduce your textile waste by donating clothing
- Volunteer at local conservation efforts in your community, like beach cleanups
- Donate to eco-friendly companies and efforts to save the environment
It is important to remind yourself that even the smallest decision can impact the world around you, and YOU can be the change!