3 Fall Inspired Snacks To Make
Written by Gabrielle Rozanski
As we enter the month of November, Halloween has just passed and now we have the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving to look forward to. Thanksgiving is a time of celebration for friends and family and great food. And the use of ingredients like apple and pumpkin in fall dishes helps to create a homey and cozy feel during the colder months.
To help you get into the spirit of autumn here are some fall inspired snacks that are easy to make! I didn’t create any of the recipes and instead found them online, so if you would like to check out the original and more detailed recipes be sure to click the hyperlinks!
Wake up and start your morning with an Apple Pie Smoothie. It’s super easy to make and tastes so good!
- 2 apples
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cardamom
- honey (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy!
The next recipe is super simple and only requires a few ingredients!
- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the pumpkin and collect the seeds from it. Put the mass of pumpkin seeds in a colander and rinse under water to separate the seeds from the pumpkin guts.
- Boil pumpkin seeds in salted water for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a pan with olive oil and spread the seeds out over the pan. Toss the seeds to coat them completely.
- Bake seeds until they begin to brown (it could take anywhere from 5-20 minutes, so keep an eye on the seeds).
- Once seeds are browned remove them from the oven and let cool. Then enjoy!
The final recipe is for those who are craving something sweet.
- 1 ¾ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine butter and sugar, once light and fluffy add in the egg, pumpkin and vanilla. Mix until completely combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Roll a small ball of dough in cinnamon-sugar and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until there’s no dough left.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until the tops start to crack and the centers are set.
One of my favorite parts of fall is bundling up for colder weather and keeping warm and cozy inside the house. These recipes are perfect for doing just that! So light a candle, gather under a blanket, grab a book and enjoy!
Links to original recipes: